It’s no secret we’re a little obsessed with Ecuador. That’s why we offer a range of study abroad programs in Quito and the Galápagos Islands – semester or summer, in Spanish or English, classes at our Center or at the local university…you name it.
Check out our top five reasons to study abroad in Ecuador, and start your adventure today.
1. ECUADORIAN SPANISH: The soft and clear accent of Ecuadorian Spanish makes Quito and the Galápagos Islands some of the best places to practice Spanish. Whether you've never spoken Spanish before or you're practically fluent, our study abroad Spanish programs in Ecuador offer something for everyone.
2. AWESOME FIELD TRIPS & OUTDOOR ADVENTURES: Did you know that while Ecuador is roughly the size of Colorado, it's also the most biodiverse country on earth? Imagine hiking the Andes Mountains one weekend and snorkeling in the Galápagos Islands the next. That's what it's like to study abroad in Ecuador!
3. $$ THE US DOLLAR $$: Did you know Ecuador uses the U.S. dollar? This perk makes it easier to understand your expenses, budget beforehand, and convert money – because you don't have to convert anything!
4. 68° AND SUNNY: Studying abroad in Quito means mild days and cool nights. In fact, the city has an average temperature of 66° year-round. And the Galápagos? It's a bit warmer, with temps in the 70's and 80's. In other words, the weather in Ecuador is perfecto.
5. RELEVANT COURSES: The classes you'll take in Ecuador are reflective of what's happening in the country right now. You don't just take Politics, you take Politics of Latin America. Environmental Studies courses focus on the diversity of Ecuador. Cultural Studies classes take you inside Andean Art. The list goes on and on. Ecuador is your classroom.
Want to learn more about what it’s like to study abroad in Ecuador? Chat with Kandice Rose, our Program Advisor for Ecuador, or Anna Hurd, IES Abroad Quito alumna and our Program Advisor for our Quito summer program! You can also read Anna's interview with GoAbroad.com for an inside scoop.
Ready for your Ecuadorian study abroad adventure? Check out all of our study abroad Ecuador programs.