IES Abroad students are changing the world through study abroad.
The Global Citizen of the Year Award recognizes an IES Abroad student who has made an impact through academic, philanthropic, or personal efforts during their experience studying or interning abroad.
From volunteering to conducting significant research, we know there are a million avenues of change. What's yours? Show us how you're changing the world through study abroad.
Share your story.
Showcase your amazing study abroad contributions to a global audience of thinkers, leaders, and change agents.
Build your résumé.
Being chosen as the Global Citizen of the Year out of 6,400+ IES Abroad students is quite an impressive feat!
In addition to the prize, this award will be announced to more than
- GRAND PRIZE: $1,000
- FINALISTS (3): Three students will be selected as finalists to receive $250.
How to Apply
Use the Global Citizen of the Year application to tell us about yourself, and share the following components to show why you are the Global Citizen of the Year:
- A 1-2 page Personal statement detailing the following:
1) Your impact in the communities you were a part of.
2) The lessons you learned not just about your community, but you as a global citizen.
3) Your plan of action to help make the world a better place, once returning from studying or interning abroad.
- Headshot & photo from abroad
- Optional supporting documents (videos, blogs, portfolios, etc.)
The deadline for the 2016 Global Citizen of the Year Award has passed. Stay tuned for application deadlines for 2017!
Questions? Please contact Amy Ruhter McMillan, Associate Vice President of Marketing, at aruhter@IESabroad.org.
You must be a student who has completed an IES Abroad or IES Internships program in 2016 in order to be eligible for this award.