London - Spring 2016

I was born and raised in San Francisco, CA. I am currently a Junior at the University of Rochester majoring in Psychology and planning to become a Physical Therapist. I love food, obstacle course racing, martial arts, drawing, and getting into philosophical discussions with my friends. I will be studying Health Practice and Policy in London and I'm excited to share my experience abroad!

Sewanee - The University of the South
Galápagos Islands - Spring 2016

Hi, my name is Bre (like the cheese). I love nature and hope to save animals one day. Here is my story of Quito and the Galapagos. Enjoy!

George Washington University, The
Siena - Spring 2016

I'm a sophomore from George Washington University majoring in Communications and minoring in Italian and Journalism.  I love traveling, art, and food.  I am so excited to share my experiences with you, especially my quest for the best bread in Italy.

Wofford College
Beijing - Spring 2016

My name is Brandon Berardo and I am a junior from Wofford College. Through my travels abroad, I have discovered that there is so much to see. People say that pictures are worth a thousand words, but I am hoping that some of my pictures will leave you speechless.

Paris - Spring 2016

Haley is currently a student from Penn State University working towards a degree in English and a minor in French Studies. She loves reading, coffee, dancing to live music and exploring new places but she also enjoys biking, face painting and being out doors. Haley's dream job is travel writing.

Loyola University Chicago
Freiburg - Spring 2016

Known as Matthew, Matthias, Mateo, Boom, and occasionally Rug, Matt Boey is a sophomore journalism and political science major with minors in tomfoolery and shenanigans. A native of Wisconsin, he currently attends Loyola University Chicago. Beyond writing or very strong coffee, Matt loves playing piano, theater, Zumba, singing in the shower, and people.

Catholic University of America
Vienna - Spring 2016

Selina is a Junior Studio Art Major at the Catholic University of America in Washington, D.C. She enjoys long walks in the halls of art museums, eating too many cupcakes, and absorbing the world around her to feed as inspiration for all her creative endeavors. Her specialties lie in taking too many pictures and expressing joy over the little things. Selina is excited to share the beauty she sees all over Vienna during her stay with all who hop on over to her little blog!

Marist College
Berlin - Spring 2016

Hi there! My names is Fiona and I am a student at Marist College studying Political Science and Art History. I am a big fan of chocolate chip cookies, cross-word puzzles, watching old movies, and of course, traveling! I will be spending a semester in Berlin to learn all about cities, the importance of urban environments, and the local cuisine!

Franklin & Marshall College
Berlin - Spring 2016

Writer, composer, musician. American student with a terrible sense of direction set loose on Germany. After years of telling people that I love to travel, this is my first time actually leaving the country.

Saint Martin's University
- Spring 2016

I am a sociology and cultural anthropology student from Olympia, Washington, who has been lucky enough to study abroad in Spain, Costa Rica, and Chile. I am now headed to Brazil for my final semester of my undergraduate studies, and could not be more excited to learn a third language and enjoy some of Brazil's natural and cultural beauties. In addition to traveling, studying people and learning languages, I like to read, write, rock climb, play violin and drums, hike, swim, do yoga, and enjoy quality conversations that run late into the night. Please join me on this blog in processing some of the crazy stuff going on in my life, and in Brazil.

Gustavus Adolphus College
Freiburg - Spring 2016

I'm currently an international student from Pakistan at Gustavus Adolphus College in United States, pursuing my bachelors degree in International Management and Economic Analysis.I'm studying abroad with IES Abroad in European Union Program in Freiburg, Germany starting from Spring 2016 and my ambition is to become a prominent leader in my field of study and built an exemplary personality.

Oberlin College
- Spring 2016

Hi! My name is Hannah and I'm sophomore at Oberlin College majoring in History with a minor in Middle East North Africa Studies. I'm interested in international relations, good books, food, photography, cats and traveling. I'm looking forward to spending a semester in Istanbul absorbing the culture and history of the city while improving upon my Turkish.

Tufts University
Nagoya - Spring 2016

Hi there! I'm Kristie. Currently a junior at Tufts University majoring in Quantitative Economics and exploring other areas of passion like marketing, community service and photography. In my free time, I like coming up with cooking recipes using seasonal ingredients in the market to create dishes that have a hint of my Vietnamese upbringing. Reading food blogs, taking pictures, watching Miyazaki movies basically sum up my life. Having lived in Russia, Vietnam, America, I love traveling and always feel the hunger for a new adventure, a new place and new culture. From friendships to random encounters with strangers, I'm excited to experience it all during my semester abroad in Japan.

Barcelona - Spring 2016

My name is Sara Leach and I am a Junior majoring in Visual Arts with a concentration in Photography at Penn State. I'm from a small Philadelphia suburb and am eager to get out and begin my Abroad experience. Although I am a frequent traveler, living abroad is a new exciting experience. I hope to emerge myself in the Culture of Catalina as much as possible and share my experiences with all of you!

Babson College
Paris - Spring 2016

Salut! Je m'appelle Gwen. I am a sophomore at Babson College and currently about 11% fluent in French. I hope to remedy that while wining and dining in the beautiful city of Paris. I am majoring in Business with a focus in Marketing. Follow along my stories to experience the ups and downs of studying abroad à Paris!

Gettysburg College
Cape Town - Spring 2016

My name Is Oliver Lowe, and I'm an adventurer, wanderer, film-maker, and music enthusiast. I grew up in the rural wilderness of the great state of Maine, where I spent my days running around with a group of neighborhood bandits, filming everything from Civil War reenactments to ski trips. Since then, I've been on a constant hunt for new and exciting experiences, always with a camera in hand. My filmmaking has taken me to the top of Rocky Mountains, the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean, and almost everywhere in between.

Dublin - Spring 2016

Hi! My name is Rachel Marini and I am a Junior at Penn State University. I'm majoring in Elementary Education (with an English focus) and plan to minor in special ed. I am a huge book nerd, but when I'm not reading I like to hang out with my family and friends, go to the beach, and just spend time outdoors. Traveling has always been a big part of my life, because I love exploring new places. Going to Dublin is something that I know I won't regret, and I can't wait to share my experience with all of you!

Rice University
Rome - Spring 2016

My name is Josh Marrs and I am a junior from Rice University in Houston, Texas! I'm majoring in Sociology with a major interest in social inequality. My passions are playing tennis, basketball, ping pong, and any other sport I can get my hands on. Visiting Rome has been one of the biggest dreams of my life thus far and I will be fulfilling that dream by studying in Rome during the Spring of 2016. This will be my first time experiencing another country and I can't wait to share my experiences and reflections.

University of Illinois at Chicago
Santiago - Spring 2016

My name is Angie, I'm a junior at the University of Illinois at Chicago. I'm majoring in Sociology and minoring in Linguistics. I love learning about people and cultures around the world through music, art and literature.

College of Charleston
Cape Town - Spring 2016

Nature lover, adventure seeker, and music enthusiast. Raised on a Northern farm, educated in a Southern city. Self-proclaimed environmentalist with an unyielding admiration for the avocado-eating Resplendent Quetzal. Moto to live by: "Be the change that you wish to see in the world"

University of Puget Sound
Shanghai - Spring 2016

Hello! My name is Katie McGee, and I am a junior at the University of Puget Sound, located in Tacoma, WA. I am a Chinese major with a Japanese minor and a Global Development Studies emphasis. I am a Chinese adoptee, and although my parents did their best to expose me to Chinese culture as a child, I grew up in a community with very little diversity. I have devoted this year to traveling East Asia (South Korea, Taiwan, Mainland China, and Japan) and improving my Chinese along the way. I have already learned so much during my travels, but continue to look forward to what adventures lay ahead.

University of Minnesota
Tokyo - Spring 2016

I am an English major, freelance illustrator (Coffee-Blues), and writer; travelling to parts well known, yet unknown. I'm not quite familiar with the world yet, so this will be my first push of the ledge called my comfort-zone. New people and experiences await me, and stories that have yet to be told. If you would join me on this adventure, that would be swell.    Surely I have a tale to tell.

Ithaca College
Madrid - Spring 2016

I'm a junior at Ithaca College pursuing a degree in Journalism and Spanish. I have a passion for visual story-telling and all things social media. I'm a coffee addict, podcast junkie and ice cream connoisseur. Living life with my bags packed.

Yale University
Milan - Spring 2016

Nana Akua Amoafoa Mensah is an Old African Studies, Italian and possibly Art major at Yale University. Born and raised in Ghana, she moved to the US for school, and has since awakened a love for travel and experiencing new places. She is a music and art enthusiast, and a style blogger seeking to draw inspiration for her art and writing from the places she sees and the people she interacts with.

University of Minnesota
Nice - Spring 2016

I am a Wisconsinite/Minnesotan traveling many miles to study in the beautifully temperate Nice, France! This diversifying experience suits me well because jam is my jam and getting lost is second nature. Bring on the language immersion!

Bowdoin College
Madrid - Spring 2016

Hi! My name is Roya Moussapour and I'm a physics major and teaching minor at Bowdoin College in Brunswick, ME. I'm super psyched to be studying engineering for the first time in Madrid. I've made it to 23 countries while traveling with my family and hope to make it to at least a few more this spring. I'm enrolled in my first Spanish class this semester since junior year of high school, so get excited to hear about my attempt at language immersion! When I'm not working on physics homework up at Bowdoin, I'm usually either in a cappella or orchestra rehearsal, so expect to hear a good bit about my experiences finding music overseas. ¡Mucho gusto!

Macalester College
Granada - Spring 2016

A sociology major at Macalester College in St. Paul, Minnesota born in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. At school I am a two-sport varsity athlete, sing and beat box in an a cappella group on campus and volunteer in the Twin Cities area. In the future I hope to develop and create safer and more integrated communities, creating equal opportunities in urban centers across the US. Specifically I seek to work against structural racism by reducing disparities that are current outcomes of our social systems. This study abroad experience is a time to reflect and immerse myself in an entirely different world beginning first and foremost with a language barrier. I hope to be successful academically and socially as well as learn a lot about myself and the world around me.

Knox College
Dublin - Spring 2016

California to (nearish) Chicago to Dublin; creative writing major, gender studies minor. I am very excited to get lost.

Brandeis University
Milan - Spring 2016

As an aspiring soprano opera singer, it is very clear why I chose to study abroad in Milan, the very city which houses the famous La Scala opera house! From St. Louis, MO originally, I currently study voice performance and Italian at Brandeis University near Boston, MA. I am an avid reader, dessert-enthusiast, and enjoy animals and taking leisurely strolls where I happen upon interesting people and places to explore. I am a triplet (with 2 brothers!) but am excited to be on my own, meeting new people and learning a bunch from locals and other students!

University of the Pacific
Santiago - Spring 2016

I study Physics and Spanish at the University of the Pacific. When not studying, all I want to do is dance or get outdoors. I've moved to Santiago to get the best of everything: city, mountains, beach, desert, and more!

Sydney - Spring 2016

G'day! My name is Morgan and I'm from Penn State. I'll be spending the next semester in the land down under at Sydney Uni! I can't wait for all of the new experiences and adventures that are to come and hope that you are able to follow along and enjoy them too!

Skidmore College
Vienna - Spring 2016

Kelsie is a junior at Skidmore College, double majoring English and music. Her academic interests include creative nonfiction, piano performance, German language, and feminist theory. When she isn't in class or at the library, Kelsie spends her time playing piano, writing personal essays, knitting, or just curling up with a good book and a few cats. While studying in Vienna, Kelsie hopes to improve her German and piano skills, as well as immerse herself in Viennese culture.

Loyola University Chicago
Buenos Aires - Spring 2016

My name is Catie Seltz-Drew. I am currently a junior pursuing a degree in International Studies. My semester in Buenos Aires will be my fourth experience abroad following a year in Italy in high school and two previous semesters abroad in Rome, Italy and Seoul, South Korea while in college. I have a passion for cooking and eating; I love learning about a country through its cuisine. After my semester in Argentina, I will graduate from Loyola and hopefully continue to travel and eat my way around the world.

Brandeis University
Granada - Spring 2016

Ashley is the 2015-16 IES Abroad Blogger of the Year! A Junior at Brandeis University, Ashley studies English, Creative Writing, Film, Television, and Interactive Media, as well as Creativity, The Arts and Social Transformation. On campus Ashley is an English Undergraduate Departmental Representative. Originally from Washington D.C., she enjoys cooking, reading, playing the piano, playing video games, and being with her family and friends.

Loyola University Chicago
Rabat - Spring 2016

Assalamu Alaikum, Bonjour, Hello! I'm Camille and I'm currently in my second year studying Political Science and International Studies at Loyola University Chicago. I'm thrilled to be spending my semester in Rabat, Morocco and hope you all enjoy hearing about my journey! Expect bad puns and lots of pictures of food.

Brown University
Dublin - Spring 2016

I was once told that acting is professional lying. But in my work and in my art I'm constantly reminded that we're all looking for truth, whether that be the simple truth of a friend's laughter or the truth of a moment in time. And that's why I'm here, to find a little bit more. I'm sure I'll come across something.

Colby College
Amsterdam - Spring 2016

My name is Elisa Stern, and I am a junior at Colby College in Waterville, Maine. I am studying neuroscience and philosophy, and will be studying abroad in Amsterdam for the Spring of 2016.

Texas Christian University
Christchurch - Spring 2016

I'm Caroline, a native to Southern California, and a student at Texas Christian University.  I'm studying Social Work and hope to eventually work in the field of child welfare, where I'll give children who haven't had the best start to their lives a chance to be successful.  I love to play soccer, surf, go on backpacking trips, and eat delicious, healthy food.  I'm hoping to meet new people, explore as many places in New Zealand as I can, and gain cultural awareness through my experience abroad.  I'm ready for some new adventures and in New Zealand, those aren't hard to find.

University of St. Thomas (MN)
London - Spring 2016

I am Jane from Janesville, Wisconsin.  I study communications and French at the University of Saint Thomas in Saint Paul, Minnesota, but I like to spend as much time as possible studying abroad.  One day, you'll probably find me living in Paris.  If you can't find me there, you must not have searched all the boulangeries.

University of Portland
Nantes - Spring 2016

I'm Iggy Takahashi, a junior studying biochemistry and French studies at the University of Portland and studying abroad in Nantes, France. I love baking, cooking, travelling, exploring, and of course spending time with my family and cats. I have traveled to Spain, China, and throughout the United States, and I hope to continue to do so after graduating!

Skidmore College
Freiburg - Spring 2016

Hi! My name is Manuela Tauscher, an environmental studies major always on the hunt for good food and good friends. When I'm not outside, you can find me curled up with my cat, sleeping in, or cooking. Follow my travels as I study abroad in Freiburg, Germany, the Jewel of the Black Forest!

Ithaca College
Quito - Spring 2016

My name is Chloe Trifilio. I am an Environmental Science student with a minor in Recreation at Ithaca College in New York, but for one semester I will be studying abroad in Quito, Ecuador! I am originally from the great state of Vermont where I love to hike, bike, climb, kayak and generally explore the Green Mountains. I am also on the Ultimate Frisbee team and I'm very excited to see how Ecuadorians get down on the field. I hereby promise to use this blog to show everything that I see and do in Ecuador, which will include climbing, playing frisbee, exploring the city and a trip to the Amazon!

College of Wooster, The
Salamanca - Spring 2016

I'm Kat, a junior from the College of Wooster studying in Salamanca.  Besides photography and Spanish, I love camping, running, and getting lost in beautiful places.  Everyone has a unique view of the world, so here is mine.

Haverford College
Barcelona - Spring 2016

Magic City chick viviendo la buena vida in The City of Brotherly Love, and jet-set for fast-times at Barça. My hobbies include crying while watching Disney's animated classics, trying to make crop-tops acceptable in the dead of winter, and hunting for sweet deals like a good Groupon queen does. Writers that inspire me and this whirlwind of a blog you're about to enjoy are: Mindy Kaling, Mariah Carey's lyricist, and Jodi Picoult. In that order.