Amsterdam

11 Feb 2017

IMG_1536.jpg

one of the various beautiful  canals around the city

IMG_1533.jpg

a doorway somewhere close to the center of Amsterdam

IMG_1534.jpg

a boat parked alongside a brick building

IMG_1712.jpg

the view across from the IES Abroad center on a cold day

IMG_1715.jpg

the De Gooyer windmill, the tallest wooden mill in the Netherlands

IMG_1694.jpg

fog blowing past the Rijksmuseum, the national art museum

The Best Weekend Getaways When You Study Abroad in Australia

by Marlowe Padilla

I’ll never forget my first few days in Australia – dry heat, cars driving on the left side of the road, a cruise on the habour, and jumping from one beach to the next.

Falling In Love And Breaking Your Heart In A Foreign Country

by Jessica Duska

This isn't your typical love story, in fact it is more of a love tragedy. I never expected to come to Argentina and fall in love, but sometimes these things happen and obviously you can't control it.

Real Talk About Culture Shock

Culture shock is not always very obvious and easy to recognize. Sometimes it is sneaky and seeps into you like a draft.

Figuring out how to eat paella

We weaved through the hanging scarves and bowls of spices of the outdoor vendors to reach our final destination of the day and appease our growling stomachs. I had designed the perfect “authentic” Barcelona day for my visiting friends, but it wasn’t exactly going as planned.

Happy Home-stay

by Danielle

When I was researching programs for a second study abroad adventure, I had many factors new to take into account. This time, I was going into my senior year, and had very few options in terms of classes.

Singles' Day

by Jason Renner

Being in China has meant that I have missed a lot of American holidays and occasions. Spending these holidays in China has been interesting because they are either not celebrated or celebrated in a different way.