Reflection

I am back in Chicago now. I feel like I’m in limbo. My sleep cycles are all messed up, I still have finals left, and I can’t stop getting bubbleguts from thinking about how different things will be from now on.

I think my time in Amsterdam taught me overall that I can be alone and live and eat alone…but I don’t want to be alone.

I also went to Amsterdam to figure out if I wanted to be a researcher or a professor but I think maybe I can answer that question later on in life, when I have more experiences with research and teaching.

I like to think back to the really amazing memories I made with my friends in Amsterdam and appreciate everything despite how academically hard the end of the semester was for me. I think I gave myself too much work and it’s a struggle for me to try to finish everything in such a short amount of time.

I’m also going to Mexico and back to Carleton in less than 15 days, so I’m really nervous but I know everything will be ok as long as I stay calm.

Amsterdam, you will see me again one day.
Love, sofia