Amazing Australian Animals

18 Jun 2014

Sydney Harbor Cruise

The first few days of our program have been amazing! We had a dinner sunset cruise on the harbor; orientation of the city, Australian culture and our classes; a trip to Featherdale Wildlife Park and the Blue Mountains; and time to explore and wander. Classes start tomorrow, and so real work and studying is yet to come! (And for the interns on our trip the office work starts tomorrow too). The sunset and dinner cruise were beautiful, since it is winter here, the sun is setting at around 5:30 everyday. This is so different than the late 9pm sunsets I’m used to this time of year in the states.

One of the many koalas at Featherdale

Emu and Kangaroo

Featherdale Wildlife Park was probably the happiest and best place. There was every kind of Australian animal there (kangaroos to dozens of different birds, Tasmanian devils to lizards and crocodiles). I learned that there are an immense amount of different kinds of kangaroos, wallabies and wallaroos, varying predominantly in size and color. And lots were just wandering around waiting for us to pet, take their photos and be in complete awe.

Red Kangaroo Hugs (Or possibly grooming or playing fighting… couldn’t quite tell)

Quokkas – The happiest and cutest animals

Blue Mountains

Later we went to multiple different stops within the Blue Mountains. Thankfully the earlier rain and gray skies cleared up and we had incredible views at each spot.

The Famous Three Sisters rocks in the Blue Mountains

Waterfalls!