My New Favorite City (Besides Dublin Of Course)

26 Feb 2015

This week is reading week at Trinity College, so my friends and I set out to explore Europe on our time off. We have so far travelled to Vienna, Budapest, and Prague, and tomorrow I leave for Paris for the rest of the weekend. All three cities were amazing, but Prague was by far my favorite. It looks like you walked into a fairytale from the gothic archiecture, red rooftops and cobblestone streets. Prague has an interesting history, and we had a chance to learn a lot about the city and about the Czech Republic through an excellent walking tour. We ate a lot of the local cuisine, including a dessert called a chimney stack, which is essentially warm dough covered in cinnamon sugar in a spiral. We walked around Old Town, the palace, and even made the treck up the Petrin for a spectacular panoramic view. It was my first time travelling out of Ireland since travelling here in January, and I had a fantastic trip. I got to experience totally different cultures and engage in places that don't use English as the primary language, which was a challenging but manageable obstacle in navigating around eastern and central Europe. 

IMG_7320.JPG

A view of Prague Castle at night from the St. Charles bridge. 

IMG_7335.jpg

Architecture at night in the Old Town part of Prague. 

IMG_7372.jpg

The famous clock in Prague. 

IMG_7439.JPG

The John Lennon Wall in Prague. 

IMG_7557.JPG

The red rooftops in Prague.

IMG_7582.jpg

Inside the Cathedral at Prague Castle.