Ireland...What's Not To Love?

15 Feb 2015

In honor of Valentine's Day I wanted to make a post about something that I am loving about study abroad. I think what I'm loving the most so far is getting to take trips outside of Dublin (although I do love Dublin as well). So far I've been to Wicklow, Glendalough, Howth, Bray, Galway, Doolin, and the Cliffs of Moher. All of the trips were incredible experiences, and I have so far been lucky with weather. 

IMG_6998.jpg

Above is the stone wall that curls around the cliff walk in Bray, just southeast of Dublin. 

IMG_6918.jpg

Above is a shot of the beach in Galway just before a rainstorm.

IMG_6717.JPG

Above is a shot of flowers on the cliff path around Howth Head. In the distance you can see the little light house at the end of a small peninsula jutting out of the coastline of Howth. 

IMG_6834.jpg

Above are the famous cliffs of Moher just outside Galway along the rugged western coast.

IMG_6852.jpg

Above are what are known as the Gates to the Undworld in Doolin on the eastern coast.

I think what makes visiting all of these places the most special is the feeling I get upon returning from an exhausting day or weekend of sightseeing. Dublin is starting to feel familiar, to feel like home. After spending a whole weekend in Galway, it was refreshing and relaxing to come home back to Dublin. Not only am I getting to visit and explore remarkable places, but I also have a place to come home to that welcomes me back with the familiar, albeit disorganized, streets that I've come to know and love.