Happy Earth Day! (From Scotland!)

23 Apr 2015

Last weekend I had the opporunity to travel around the Scottish Highlands with my aunt. We saw some stunning man-made architecture in the form of castles and churches, but most of all, we witnessed the incredible natural landscape of the Highlands. In honor of Earth Day, here are some of my favorite snapshots from that trip of the beautiful landscape of the Highlands. 

"When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world." --John Muir

IMG_9605.JPG

A sunset view over the isles from Oban, Scotland. 

IMG_9484.JPG

A view of the mountains through the Highlands. 

IMG_9700.JPG

A look at the Isle of Mull from Lachaline, the spot where my great great great grandparents were married in the 1800s.

IMG_9846.JPG

A view of one of the lighthouses in the Scottish isles from the ferry to the Isle of Mull.

IMG_9800.JPG

One of earth's beautiful creatures--sheep! These are in abundance in Scotland (and Ireland)!

IMG_9953.JPG

Up close shot of the cherry blossom trees at the University of Glasgow in Glasgow, Scotland.