A Day Outside the City

9 Feb 2015

This weekend we decided to take a journey just outside the city to Bray. A seaside town about a 40 minute ride on the DART outside of Dublin, Bray is home to the childhood residence of the author James Joyce. Upon arriving on the DART, we took a trip up to Kilruderry House on the outskirts of Bray. The house has been used in a slew of movies and television shows, and today still operates as a farm. The house was unfortunately not open, but we took a stroll around the grounds on the picturesque country lanes around the property. 

IMG_6943.JPG

IMG_6945.JPG

We headed back down to the waterfront where we grabbed lunch at the Porterhouse Bar, and then walked along the beach until we reached the ascent to Bray Head. 

IMG_6955.JPG

IMG_6957.JPG

We then walked up the path to the Cliff Walk which connects Bray Harbour to Greystones Harbour. The path wound around the edges of the cliffs overlooking the railroad track below.

IMG_6981.jpg

IMG_6989.JPG

The Cliff Walk provided some spectacular views although we turned back halfway to walk back down to Bray Harbour, and we rewarded ourselves at the end of the day with ice cream and a walk along the waterfront. I loved Bray and I can't wait to go back again and finish the whole Cliff Walk.

10978718_10153110698939577_2684501713178771057_n.jpg