Study Abroad in Siena: Italian Class Redefined

by Chelsea Kuchik

Chelsea Kuchik, IES Abroad Program Advisor, recently visited Siena and accompanied our study abroad students on a course-related trip. Read her account of the tasty language-learning experience.

Marille und Aprikose

by Naomi

I never thought I was “good at languages.” I took Spanish classes for four years and liked it, but never felt confident speaking. My parents stopped attempting to teach me Hebrew when I was little because I was stubborn.

Mari Mari!

by Idil

Mari Mari means "hello" in Mapuzungun, and Mapuzungun, the Mapuche language, means "the language of the earth." Che means "people," and kaflu is "blue." Mapuches, meaning "the people of the earth," said if we learn Spanish while we are in Argentina, we need to learn Mapuzungun while in Bariloche.

BKNY ---> Salamanca

by Mali

Now that final exams are in, my dorm room empty, and first year of college complete, it’s time for Salamanca!!

20 Times I Was Grateful for Doing a Study Abroad in Granada:

by Andie

While I was always bent on doing a study abroad while in university, I wasn't really particular about where I ended up.

Financing Your Foreign Fancies

by Maya

Here I am, terrified, 3 days away from my travel to an entirely new world (or so it seems to little old me). For most of my life, I’ve been rather stagnant – born in Houston, TX, moved a whopping two hours away to Austin, and remained there for college as well.