Sydney: the best city in the world

24 Oct 2016

Since I just realized majority of my blog posts describe all of the amazing weekend trips I have been on, I decided to dedicate this blog post to all of the fun activities to do around Sydney.

To start off, my favourite thing to do is the famous Coogee to Bondi coastal walk. Whether you start in Coogee or in Bondi, the views along this walk are some that cannot be beat. The walk is around 2 hours from start to finish but you can hop on and off the trail whenever you want. The trail lines Sydney’s beachy coast and allows you to check out several hidden beaches along the way. Although some people jog the entire way, your walking (or running) pace is entirely up to you.

Another fun thing to do in Sydney is the bridge climb. My friends and I chose to do the standard climb but if I were to do it over again I would definitely recommend doing the express climb. Although it may look like a long & tough climb from down below, it was actually extremely easy. The climb up is very flat and you are able to look at the Sydney Harbour, Opera House, and city skyline during the entire climb.  

A third ‘must see’ before leaving Sydney is the famous Sydney zoo. My friends and I spent a few hours here just to check out all of the native Australian animals. Although the zoo primarily consisted of snakes, we were fascinated once we were able to see the kangaroos. If you go at the right time, you are actually allowed to touch and play with the kangaroos!

On top of all of these fun activities, my all time favourite thing to do is just to hang out at the Coogee Beach. This is definitely my favourite place to hang out because there are always people playing Frisbee, dancing along to reggae music, or heading into the ocean for a swim. I can guarantee that you will always have a good time, no matter what day of the week it is.

All in all, my time (so far) in Sydney has been unbelievable. The best part about Sydney is that there is ALWAYS something going on. From the coastal walk to petting kangaroos at the zoo, I have loved every minute of it. If you plan on visiting Sydney anytime soon, please contact me with any questions!