#EEEATS in Sydney

20 Aug 2016

Since I'm a big foodie and love to find all of the best restaurants in every city, I wanted to give you guys a lo down on all of the best #EEEATS (Instagram joke) in Sydney. My friends and I actually have an Instagram account, @foodforthought11, if you want to see the real deal (please DM us for featured posts).

Since I'm trying to budget myself and save majority of my money for traveling, it has been extremely hard to resist all of the temptations restaurants around Sydney. However...... Since I've stayed in Sydney for the past 2 weekends, I've treated myself quite a few times (oops)! To make it easy for all you adventurous food people, I've compiled a list of my top 3 favorite restaurants for dinner.

Spice Alley

This place is truly one of a kind. Whether you're looking for a casual place to stuff your face with food or if you're looking for a place where you just don't quite know what you're in the mood for, spice alley is the place to go. Spice alley is literally in an alley right in the middle of Sydney. When you walk in, the roof top is laced with twinkling lights and has vendors lining the alley with an array of food. Since it may be a little overwhelming, I'll give you my top picks. After going about 3 times so far (and I'm actually planning to go back tonight), I've sort of weeded through the good and bad. To start off, you have to get the pita bread with dip. This is the perfect appetizer and can be munched on and shared with friends while you wait for your food. Next, you must get the pad Thai (This vendor is the second to last one). Whether you're a chicken or beef person (yes I've tried both), the pad Thai is to die for. Although you're going to want another, I would recommend refraining and getting a fried rice (at the same vendor) or the prawn dumplings at the vendor right next door.

The Coogee Pavilion

This restaurant is one of the more unique restaurants I have ever been to. Although it is 3 stories high, you can never be sat in a boring section. If you choose to go to the Pavilion, I would definitely recommend grabbing drinks and watching the sunset at the rooftop bar. Once you make your way down to dinner, I would definitely start off with the cuttle fish and gnocchi. Although both are extremely different, they are to die for. The gnocchi dish is one of the best I have ever had and trust me, I am a pasta lover. If you want to stay on the healthier side, I would recommend getting the roasted Japanese pumpkin salad as a main but if you are a true pizza lover (like myself), I would get the Vegetariana pizza. If you love spicy, I would go for the Maiala pizza because it is truly delicious.

Mr. Wongs

My third favorite restaurant in Sydney is definitely Mr. Wongs. This is more of an Asian-fusion restaurant and has a wide variety to choose from. If you check out the menu and decide to go here, I would definitely show up on the earlier side because it can get packed! I have only been once but when I did go, everything we ordered was delicious. The atmosphere here is classier and more romantic but when I went with a group of 5 friends, we had a blast. If you have time, I would recommend grabbing a drink at the underground bar downstairs. It is quite exquisite and definitely a restaurant like nothing else.

Since I've given you all of MY favorite restaurants, I want YOU guys to share yours! Comment below your favorite Sydney restaurant or even your favorite one from home!