Bula Fiji!

As I mentioned in my last post, I spent my last weekend in Denaru, Fiji. This was definitely my favorite vacation I have EVER been on. After traveling to several different places, Fiji was the most blue & beautiful.

While myself and my two friends were on our way to the airport, one of my friends decided that she was too sick and needed to turn around. Although we were so upset that she would be missing the one and only Fiji, I couldn’t let this stop me from taking the trip of a lifetime. We got to the airport about 2 hours before boarding time which was definitely cutting it a little too close. Just a side tip, if you plan on traveling internationally from the Sydney Airport, I would definitely get there at least 2 and a half hours before.

When finally got to Fiji, it was around 5pm so we grabbed dinner and watched fire walkers! This was a super cool welcoming ceremony at our hotel and something that I had never seen before.

During our first day in Fiji, my friends and I headed to a place called Cloud 9. It was very easy to get to, only about a 10-minute walk from our hotel to the port where you board a boat to take you on your way! Cloud 9 is a floating restaurant and bar literally in the middle of the ocean (as you can see in my pictures). If you aren’t a big drinker (like myself), there are tons of water activities you can do! They have snorkeling, scuba diving, paddle boarding, and so much more. There were about 50 other people on this floating restaurant with us which made it super fun and very good ~vibes~. After sitting in the sun all day, we decided to get a quick & casual dinner in Port Denaru. The seafood was delicious and so fresh!

On our second day in Fiji, we headed to an island called Kuata. We scheduled this trip through a company called South Sea and it was extremely easy and not too expensive. After about a 2-hour boat ride, with amazing views I must say, we reached the remote island of Kuata. We were greeted by a local warrior and a singing group with local instruments. Once we got on the island, we decided to go snorkeling with sharks and let me tell you… it was incredible. We took a small dingy to a reef about 20 minutes away where reef sharks live. Once we docked, they told us to put on our snorkeling gear and jump in! I was the first one in and once I put on my snorkeling mask and looked below, I saw about 10 sharks. After freaking out for about 2 minutes, I finally relaxed and started to swim around. We were able to dive down and swim next to the sharks, as you can see in my pictures!

Once we got back from snorkeling with sharks (so amazing), the locals on the island cooked us an unbelievable lunch! It was the freshest and most delicious food I have ever tasted.

All in all, Fiji was a trip of a lifetime and one that I will never forget. If you have the time I would definitely check it out. As always, if you have any questions at all, feel free to contact me!