One Week Down

8 Jun 2017

I have officially been in Dublin now for one week and it has been a whirlwind to say the least. While one week does not seem like much time, I feel like I have been here for months. It is so easy to make this city feel like home with all of the friendly people and faces. Not only that, but I got extremely lucky with my "flat" (new term I am using") mates. They are all so eager to explore the city and the country as well and they have made for great travel partners so far. On Sunday we went to Dun Laoghaire and explored the Sunday market. I HIGHLY suggest it. It is right on the water and the food options are amazing. They had everything from traditional Irish food to Jamaican cuisine. At then end of the of the pier is a gorgeous lighthouse with amazing views. There is also an ice cream stand called "Teddy's" which is supposedly some of the best ice cream in Dublin. They only offer the "99" which is their vanilla flavor, sprinkles and choclate flakes. SO. GOOD. 

The city center was also extremly fun to explore. I have already found some great food places including a tapas restaurant and a wonderful burger place. As well, we ventured through St. Stephen's green which is a gorgeous little park that is nice to sit and relax and take it all in. 

I can proudly say that I did not overpack! Although there are a few things that I did wish I brought, I am content with what I do have, and there are also very cheap shopping stores around if you ever do need to pick up something!