名古屋の春 Spring in Nagoya

18 Apr 2017

20170405_173211.jpg

お花見、鶴舞公園 (cherry blossom viewing, Tsuruma Park in Nagoya)

20170413_160319.jpg

名城公園名古屋 (tulip garden, Meijō Park)

20170417_163637.jpg

茶道授業で作った生け花 (flower arrangement in Japanese Culture and Tea Ceremony class)

20170418_202615.jpg

悠月ちゃん (Yuzuki, a newborn addition to my host family)

DSCN3986.JPG

郡上市 (foggy mountains outside Gujo)

IMG_5319 (2).JPG

岡崎城 (Okazaki Castle)

IMG_5347.JPG

葉桜、岡崎公園 (leaves emerging from cherry trees)

IMG_5400.JPG

ふかしている餅 (steaming mochi, before making sweets)

IES Abroad Ambassadors Reflect on Their Personal Growth From Studying Abroad

There’s no denying that we’re grateful for study abroad, and so are our IES Abroad Ambassadors! Read their stories about personal growth.

IES Abroad Ambassadors Share How Study Abroad Benefited Their Careers

There’s no denying that we’re grateful for study abroad, and so are our IES Abroad Ambassadors! Read their stories about career readiness.

A City Girl in a Small Town

by Tony

A month ago, if I were able to fly home early, I might've done it. Adjusting to life on the island has been difficult for me. Physically and mentally I’ve struggled to adjust to the small town that is San Cristobal.

Waterloo - Couldn't Escape if I Wanted to

by Caroline Hickey

My first post on London is about one of my favorite things, public transportation! My friends all know that I am a subway connoisseur, and I couldn't wait to get to know the Underground. London's Ungerground, or most often called 'The Tube', is huuuuge.

Best Cafés to Get Work Done in Dublin

by Alexis Funaki

I did the online research and hunted them down to bring you this: an ultimate list of my favorite Dublin coffee shops and restaurants that allow you to get work done with a coffee in one hand and a pen in the other.

Fall in Barcelona & The Foods to Keep You Warm

by Mary Katherine

It’s finally fall in Barcelona. I shiver without a thick sweater, and the light fades come 7 pm.  With the new chilly weather I find myself craving comfort foods. Nothing is better than sitting in the many cozy cafés Barca has to offer.