Ski Trip in La Thuile

DSC_0315.JPG

The view after walking off the gondola at the top of the moutain

DSC_0457.JPG

View from out hotel

DSC_0379.JPG

Photograph sign spotted while walking aroud the village

DSC_0320.JPG

Student enjoying the view at the top of the mountain

DSC_0345.JPG

Students enjoying the view at the top of the mountain

Haircuts and Fish Ice Cream

by Jake

Originally this post was just going to be about a haircut, but then I realized adding fish ice cream made for not only a better title, but also a more aesthetically pleasing cover photo. And so if I haven't confused you enough - allow me to explain my first month (yes... month!) in Madrid:

Chao, Chile

by Annie

It’s been a whirlwind since coming back from Chile — when you study abroad, it’s almost as if you’re in a little capsule far far away from the rest of the world. When you return, you realize life has been moving just as steadily without you and you must race to catch up.

A freezing cold summer

by Annie

Disclosure: this photo was taken during February, the peak of Chilean summer. It is now May, and oh yes. Winter is coming.

From fireworks to the Tube: how I made London my home

by Allison

There’s a common misconception that study abroad students are the thrill seeking, let’s-go-skydiving-just-because-we-can type people. I’m not really that type of person. I love traveling and seeing the world, but the idea of spending my summer in another country was intimidating.

What to Expect: Orientation

After a long flight and over 35 hours of being awake, I found myself in Berlin with nothing but my luggage and printed out directions. I was awake enough to figure out how to buy a ticket at the airport, but had failed to verify it––meaning I could have been fined 60 Euro!

What nine hours in a Turkish hospital taught me about kindness

I take a labored breath in, and decided I’ve had my fill. The past week my throat had been constricting, tighter and tighter. Within the pasts two days, a deep weight settled on my chest. A strange, unknown type of pain that I couldn’t ignore. I needed to go to the hospital.