First Weeks, First Impressions

We spent the first days in Santiago getting all the important information in order to survive in our host country, but at the same time we got to get to know all the students on the program.

Santiago_Gelnarova_first_post-4.jpg

Luckily, as a reward after a five-day intensive phase we got to wander to the wonderful city of Valparaiso to explore its world-known graffiti!

Santiago_Gelnarova_first_post-43.jpg

Here come some of the many examples from the open-air museum that stretches through a large part of Valparaiso. 

Santiago_Gelnarova_first_post-58.jpg

Santiago_Gelnarova_first_post-64.jpg

During our first free day in Santiago, we headed to the largest city market. The colors of all the fresh fruits and vegetables were mesmerizing.  

Santiago_Gelnarova_first_post-87.jpg

After a week in the five-million metropolis, we decided to take a break and explore the foothills of the Cordillera.

Santiago_Gelnarova_first_post-110.jpg

If all of that wasn't exciting enough, we visited various classes at la Universidad Católica and explored the beautiful architecture of the Central Campus. 

Santiago_Gelnarova_second_week-3.jpg

Santiago_Gelnarova_second_week-11.jpg

To finish off the first two weeks, we hiked up one of the best viewing spots of the city and the Cordillera - el Cerro San Cristobal.

Santiago_Gelnarova_second_week-38.jpg

The best way to relax before our first week of classes was to join the local Sunday sport-lovers. Biking, skateboarding, and rollerblading on an empty highway is something we can only dream about in the States. 

Santiago_Gelnarova_second_week-47.jpg