Surfboard *Beyonce voice*

Last weekend I went to Surf Camp! Its a trip sponsored by the University of Sydney. We drove about 3.5 hours out of Sydney, to where camp would take place. It included hostel stay, surfing lessons, board and wet suit, meals and overall fun! A few IESers decided to do it together and I must say we had a great time. Some of us picked up surfing better than others but we all at least got a good foundation for how it works and will have even more practice in a week or two. We met a lot of awesome people who also go to the University of Sydney which made the trip even more fun!

cool surfboard dude!
i am much better at paddle boarding than surfing

If I learned anything from this weekend it would probably boil down to:

• if you see a shark and it is about to attack, punch it in the nose or poke it in the eyes. It will swim away instantly. (not from experience, just a precaution shared by our instructors)
  • surfing is not as say as it looks (and it doesn’t look easy at all), but it’s so worth the attempt
  • don’t worry be happy

“You can’t stop the waves, but you can learn to surf”
John Kabat-Zinn