Sydney Symphony Orchestra

29 May 2014

Watching a show in the Opera House is a must while in Sydney and because my last show was technically under the Opera House in a theater, this time I made sure to get into the main concert hall. It was so beautiful! I listened to the Sydney Symphony Orchestra perform Strictly Luhrmann. It was music from the movies of Baz Luhrmann, which included The Great Gatsby, Moulin Rouge, Strictly Ballroom, Romeo&Juliet, and Australia. The orchestra was amazing and the sound was so pure. I’m usually not one for classical music, however, it was a special night; dressing up, going into the city, and enjoying one of the most famous  architectural master pieces in the world.

Sydney actually built the Opera House in 1958, to prove the city’s superiority over Melbourne. Melbourne had built a convention center and was getting a lot of attention. Although Melbourne is beautiful, I definitely think Sydney won!