Checking in - Oct. Blog 1/2

So… classes really hit the ground running. I thought it would be a good idea to try to finish all of my exposés as soon as possible to free myself up to be less stressed later on in the semester. They would be done, out of the way, and I wouldn’t need to bother myself about them anymore. What I failed to consider, though, is that all the stress I was getting rid of for the end of the semester would be shifted to the beginning. Tears were indeed shed, hair was in fact pulled out, and there were a few times I genuinely doubted my ability to accomplish everything I needed to accomplish. But somehow, I did it. I still have one more exposé, but it’s not until the 31st of this month, so I have a moment to breathe.

There are, however, midterms next week. I can’t believe that we’re basically half way done already, it doesn’t seem possible. Time has been moving fast, but it doesn’t feel like it’s been moving THAT fast. I can’t say I’m disappointed to be that much closer to going home, but at the same time it’s going to be the end of a great experience.

Tomorrow my absolutely best friend in the world who is currently studying in Granada, Spain will be coming to Paris to visit me. I am about to burst with joy I am so excited! She can’t speak ANY French so it will be entirely up to me to get her and myself around. I’m not too worried, but it will be a new experience. The following weekend another friend of mine who is also studying in Spain but in Burgos this time, is going to be coming to visit the city with two other girls from her program. She wants to see me and I offered to be their personal tour guide. They accepted my offer so these next two weekends will be very different for me. I can’t wait. I also was told officially that my parents will be coming to visit me in November which is also when I will probably start my traveling around Europe. There is just too much to do academically right now for me to travel.

The addition of another girl into my homestay has gone fine. It’s honestly neutral. For every positive there’s a negative so I can’t really complain nor praise the fact that it happened. She’s nice and we get along. Can’t really ask for more.

Personally, I’ve been feeling better and better as my stress levels have gone down. I’ve made friends. I’ve started going out and doing things more as people are inviting me. I feel like my confidence has soared since I arrived and figured out what the heck I’m doing. My independence and my ability to handle stressful and new situations on my own has really improved as well. I can’t wait to see what else I will discover about myself when I finally leave the country to explore more of Europe and when I’m the one showing off my new home. Allons-y!