One of the nation's oldest and most reputable study abroad providers, IES Abroad is comprised of an academic consortium of 235+ leading U.S. colleges and universities. Educational institutions that are part of the IES Abroad Consortium are actively involved in the mission, direction, and academic program development and review of IES Abroad programs. IES Abroad Member institutions agree by contract to the full transfer of credit from IES Abroad programs to the student’s home institutions.
Benefits of Membership
Levels of Participation
The IES Abroad Consortium has two levels of participation: Members and Associate Members.
IES Abroad Members enjoy the following benefits:
- Priority admissions review of their students.
- Opportunity to directly admit qualified students to IES Abroad programs.
- Opportunity for students to receive IES Abroad scholarships and financial aid available only to IES Abroad Members’ students.
- Voting rights within the IES Abroad Consortium.
- Opportunity to serve on academic committees which oversee the academic policy and curriculum development of all IES Abroad programs.
- Opportunity to serve on academic program review committees for on-site reviews.
- Opportunity to participate in faculty seminars.
- Invitation and free registration to attend IES Abroad’s Annual Conference in Chicago, featuring presentations and discussions about innovations in the study abroad field.
- Opportunity to receive the IES Abroad Lifetime Achievement Award or the IES Abroad Professional Development Award.
- Opportunity to participate in familiarization trips to IES Abroad Centers.
- International Student Assistantship Opportunities.
- Research Associate Opportunities at IES Abroad Centers.
- Opportunity to host an IES Abroad faculty member.
IES Abroad Associate Members enjoy the following benefits:
Scholarships & Financial Aid
Certain IES Abroad Financial Aid & Scholarship programs are open only to students from IES Abroad Member and Associate Member schools. These programs include:
Becoming Part of the Consortium
To become an IES Abroad Member, a school must be invited and recommended by the Institutional Membership Committee, which comprises representatives from the IES Abroad Member schools.The IES Abroad Members and Board of Directors vote in new members based on the recommendations of the Institutional Membership Committee. IES Abroad Associate Members are invited to join the Consortium by IES Abroad and must also be voted in by the IES Abroad Board of Directors.
Academic institutions who are interested in learning more about IES Abroad membership are encouraged to contact their IES Abroad Representative directly. Your representative can help explain further the process of becoming a member.