Our mission is simple: to provide you with the best study abroad program possible—which includes the highest quality academic and cultural experiences. That is why we partnered with Université Nice Sophia Antipolis (UNS).
While in Nice, you take 15-19 credits per semester. Courses range from 1-6 credits each. Students will also take FR441 French Writing Skills Workshop, which will provide additional linguistic support for your coursework at the University.
Université Nice Sophia Antipolis
Founded in 1965, Université Nice Sophia Antipolis is a public university located in the city of Nice and its surrounding neighborhoods. UNS consists of nine training and research units, two institutes, and two schools. Students who directly enroll at UNS will take courses in the following areas:
- Faculty of Letters, Arts and Social Sciences: Applied Foreign Languages, Archaeology, Art History, Classics, Modern Letters, English, Ethnology, Geography, German, History, Italian, Linguistics, Music, Philosophy, Psychology, Russian, Sociology, Spanish
- Faculty of Political Science: Political Science only
- Faculty of Sciences: Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Computer Science, Earth Sciences, Electronics, Mathematics, Physiology, Physics, Structural & Materials Science
- Polytech (Engineering School in Sophia Antipolis): Buildings, Electronics, Electronics & Industrial Computer Science, Biological Engineering, Water Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Modeling & Computer Science
Academic life at UNS involves a range of instructional styles (lectures, seminars, tutorials) as well as assessment methods (exams, essays, projects). Certain courses may have prerequisites, and all courses are taught in French.
Some courses of special interest include the following (courses change from term to term):
- Balzac, the Bible & French Literature
- The Classical Period of Cinema
- Cognitive Psychology
- Contemporary Art
- European Economics
- Geography of France
- Great French Texts of the 19th & 20th Centuries
- History of European & International Economic Institutions
- Marine Biology
- Medieval History
- Migrations, Exiles & Diasporas
- Social History
- Urbanism & Urban Politics
Polytech Nice Sophia
The Engineering school Polytech Nice Sophia is located in the Sophia Antipolis Research Park, and is known as a Grande École d’Ingenieur Française. Strong French language skills are required for students interested in enrolling at the Polytech, but a limited number of English courses are available in the upper division. Students in their fourth year have the option to participate in a special project for a French Corporation with a group of French and international students.