For more information about us, our programs, or to arrange an interview with our study abroad experts, please contact:
Amy Ruhter McMillan
Associate Vice President of Marketing
IES Abroad Fact Sheet
- IES Abroad, headquartered in Chicago, was founded in 1950. Learn more about our history.
- IES Abroad is a global, not-for-profit organization that provides more than 350 study and intern abroad programs across 20 countries offered under the highly esteemed IES Abroad, The Study Abroad Foundation (SAF), IES Internships and IES Customized Programs brands.
- IES Abroad and SAF entered a strategic merger in 2017 designed to offer students from around the world the most academically and culturally enriching study abroad experiences available.
- The IES Abroad and SAF brands operate as one under the auspices of the IES Abroad Board of Directors, led by Dr. Mary M. Dwyer, CEO & President of IES Abroad.
- Combined, IES Abroad and SAF have more than 80 years of experience in the study abroad field, and have provided more than 129,000 students with the opportunity to study and intern abroad.
- IES Abroad and SAF serve an academic consortium and international university network of more than 500 top-ranked universities in Africa, Asia, Australia, Europe, New Zealand, North America, and Latin America.
- There are more than 250 school members within IES Abroad’s academic consortium that are actively involved in academic governance, and provide program and curriculum guidance.
- During the 2016-2017 academic year, IES Abroad awarded more than $4 million in financial aid, and will award $5 million in financial aid during the 2017-2018 academic year – the most financial aid awarded in IES Abroad history.