For more information about us, our programs, or to arrange an interview with our study abroad experts, please contact:
Senior Communications Manager
IES Abroad Fact Sheet
- IES Abroad, headquartered in Chicago, was founded in 1950.
- IES Abroad and SAF entered a strategic merger in 2017 designed to offer students from around the world the most academically and culturally enriching study abroad experiences available.
- IES Abroad is a global, not-for-profit organization that has more than 350 study and intern abroad programs across 20 countries offered under the highly esteemed IES Abroad, The Study Abroad Foundation (SAF), IES Internships and IES Customized Programs brands.
- Across the four brands, IES Abroad offers programs in Africa, Asia, Australia, Europe, New Zealand and Latin America.
- IES Abroad and SAF brands operate as one under the auspices of the IES Abroad Board of Directors.
- IES Abroad and SAF combined have more than 80 years of experience in the field, and have provided more than 129,000 students with the opportunity to study and intern abroad.
- IES Abroad serves an academic consortium and international university network of more than 500 top-ranked universities in Africa, Asia, Australia, Europe, New Zealand, North America, and Latin America.
- IES Abroad Consortium members are actively involved in our academic governance and provide program and curriculum guidance.
- During the 2016-2017 academic year, IES Abroad awarded $4 million in financial aid.
- Learn more about us, our history, or check out our fast facts.