Explore. Connect. Act.
Did you develop an after-school English language learning program? Connect artists across the world through music? Conduct significant scientific research? We want to give you a platform to share your story.
Share with us how your experience has inspired you to give back to your community while you were abroad, and at home.
Application & Deadline
Applications will be accepted through Tuesday, January 8, 2019, at 12 p.m. noon CST.
Use the Global Citizen of the Year application to tell us about yourself, and share the following information to show why you are the Global Citizen of the Year:
- Summarize: In 150 words or less, explain what makes you IES Abroad's Global Citizen of the Year.
- Personal Statement: A 1-2 page statement that further details the following:
1) How the World and Study Abroad Changed You – The lessons you learned not only about yourself, but also the global community
2) How You’ve Made an Impact Through Study Abroad – The contributions you made to your local community while abroad
3) How You’ll Sustain or Continue Your Impact – Your plans to sustain or continue your impact once you’ve returned from abroad
- Headshot & Photos from Abroad: A clear headshot and three photos from abroad with captions. Photos from abroad will ideally connect to your personal statement and what makes you the Global Citizen of the Year. All photos should be hi-resolution (300 dpi).
- Original supporting documents (optional): You can also submit supporting documents to show your global citizenship. Examples include but are not limited to a blog from abroad, research documents, news coverage, and more.
You must be a student who has completed an IES Abroad or IES Internships program in 2018 in order to be eligible for this award.