Celebrate IES Abroad's 70th Anniversary in Nantes!
Join us to celebrate both the 70th Anniversary of IES Abroad and the 55th birthday of IES Abroad Nantes in France from June 18-21, 2020! Alumni from all classes and Centers are welcome.
This is an event you don't want to miss!
Tentative Schedule of Events*
Thursday, June 18, 2020
Friday, June 19, 2020
- Morning: Welcome program and tour of the IES Abroad Nantes Center (yes, it's still on Rue des Cadeniers!)
- Afternoon: French class with an IES Abroad Nantes professor. Brush up on your imparfait and learn about how current students learn French at the Center.
- Champagne toast to 55 years of IES Abroad in Nantes. Meet other Nantes alumni, staff, and host families (tell us who your host family was and we will invite them!).
- Evening: Dinner in small groups with your classmates or other alumni at local restaurants**
Saturday, June 20, 2020
- Morning: Walking tour of Nantes, led by IES Abroad Nantes staff. Discover the beautiful, renovated city that Nantes is today!
- Evening: All alumni dinner at a unique location outside of Nantes. Transportation provided**
Sunday, June 21, 2020
*Attendees make their own travel and lodging arrangements and are encouraged to add time in Nantes before or after the celebration. Download our Return to Nantes Guide when planning your trip:
**There will be ticketed costs associated with the Friday and Saturday dinners. Stay tuned for full details.
Did you study abroad in a year ending in 5 or 0? If so, it's also your reunion year!
Let us know if you studied abroad in a year ending in 5 or 0 and we will help organize a reunion for your class during the Alumni Weekend.
Contact Jennifer Jerzyk at [email protected] or 312.261.5069