Celebrate 70 Years of IES Abroad... in Nantes!
Join us to celebrate both the 70th Anniversary of IES Abroad and the 55th birthday of the Nantes Center in France from June 10-14, 2020! Alumni who studied on all IES Abroad programs, and their families, are welcome.
Note: The 2020 Paris Alumni Weekend will be held June 5-8, 2020. Make the most of your trip abroad and join us for both weekends! Click here for more information about Paris 2020.
This is an event you don't want to miss!
Schedule of Events*
Wednesday, June 10, 2020
Thursday, June 11, 2020
- 7:30am - 6:00pm | A Day on the Gulf of Morbihan and at Château de Suscinio: Explore the beautiful Atlantic coastal area around the Gulf of Morbihan. Gain a deeper understanding of the rich political history of Brittany by visiting the Château de Suscinio near Sarzeau, the summer residency of the Dukes of Brittany. Learn from a farmer about the extraction and refinement of fleur de sel from local salt marshes. Enjoy a picnic lunch on the grounds of a privately owned family château on the Gulf of Morbihan. Motor coach departs from and returns to IES Abroad Nantes Center | (includes transportation, tours, sea salt samples, and picnic lunch)
Friday, June 12, 2020
- 11:00am - 1:00pm | Welcome Program and Tour of the IES Abroad Nantes Center Tour (yes, it's still on Rue des Cadeniers!): Champagne toast celebrating IES Abroad's 70th Anniversary and 55 years of IES Abroad in Nantes. Meet other Nantes alumni, staff, and host families (tell us who your host family was and we will invite them!) | Complimentary
- 1:00pm - 2:30pm | French Class with an IES Abroad Nantes Professor: Brush up on your impafait and learn how current students learn French at the Center. | Complimentary
- Dinner in small groups with your classmates or other alumni at local restaurants | Pay on-site
Saturday, June 13, 2020
- 10:00am - 12:30pm | Walking tour of Nantes: Led by IES Abroad Nantes staff. Discover the beautiful, renovated city that Nantes is today through visits to several historical venues. Optional lunch at a crêperie following the tour. |
- 7:00pm - 11:00pm | All Alumni Dinner | La Passerelle de Marcel: An evening celebration where the Loire and Erdre rivers meet! | (includes program, dinner, and beverages)
Sunday, June 14, 2020
*Schedule subject to change. Attendees make their own travel and lodging arrangements and are encouraged to join for the 2020 Paris Alumni Weekend and the events in between prior to this one. Download our Return to Nantes Guide when planning your trip:
Did you study abroad in a year ending in 5 or 0? If so, it's also your reunion year!
Let us know if you studied abroad in a year ending in 5 or 0 and we will help organize a reunion for your class during the Alumni Weekend.
Contact Jennifer Jerzyk at [email protected] or 312.261.5069