2019 Freiburg/EU Alumni Weekend
Revisit your study abroad memories and make new ones at the Freiburg/EU Alumni Weekend: September 27-29, 2019. Alumni from all classes and Centers are welcome!
Schedule of Events*
Friday, September 27, 2019
- 3:00pm-5:00pm: Welcome program and reception at IES Abroad Freiburg Center. Learn about the Freiburg/EU program today and meet staff and other alumni (complimentary).
- 6:00pm: Dinner with your reunion class (pay on-site).
Saturday, September 28, 2019
- 11:30am-11:55am: Organ Concert, Freiburg Minster. Free, seating is first come first serve. Visit the beautiful farmer's market beforehand! (Optional, complimentary)
- 12:45pm-2:00pm: Walking tour of Freiburg led by IES Abroad staff (complimentary).
- 5:00pm: Wine tasting and dinner. Group will travel together by train and bus [pay on-site for public transportation, wine tasting (approx. 20 Euros per person), and dinner].
Sunday, September 29, 2019
- 10:00am-12:00pm: Guided hike on a Black Forest trail with a stop for coffee and cake! (Meet at the hotel then travel as a group via public transportation. Pay on-site for transportation and restaurant/cafe).
- Afternoon/evening: Departures
Did you study abroad in a year ending in 4 or 9? If so, it's your reunion year!
Let us know if you studied abroad in a year ending in 4 or 9 and we can help organize a reunion for your class during the Alumni Weekend! We will connect you with friends by sharing your class list, help you join your reunion class committee, and tell you more about making your class gift.
*Attendees make their own travel and lodging arrangements and are encouraged to add time in Freiburg around the weekend activities. Those who register will receive a full schedule of events.
Download our Return to Freiburg Guide to help you plan your trip:
Contact Adrianna Saccone
1973-74 | 45th Anniversary Reunion
Spring 1999 | 20th Anniversary Reunion
Submit your story to the Class Book!
Contact Adrianna Saccone at [email protected] or (312) 264-5121.