- Home School Authorization
Your on-campus study abroad advisor can either complete the Home School Authorization electronically through IES Abroad’s PartnerPortal system, or by filling out the PDF form linked above. Consult your study abroad advisor to determine how they would prefer to complete your Home School Authorization.
- Official Transcript(s) for each college/university you have attended since high school. If you have multiple transcripts, IES Abroad will average the GPAs for all colleges/universities you have attended and use that cumulative GPA when reviewing your application.
- SJTU Application Form
This is an additional application required by Shanghai Jiao Tong University. To complete the form, TYPE the correct information, then print the form, sign it, and scan the signed form. Note: You can ignore the "Accommodation" and "Time of Enrolment" sections.
- A recommendation letter from a professor in the engineering or physics department.
- Color copy of valid passport photo page
Passport must be valid at least 6 months beyond the program end date. If you do not have a passport or need to renew it, please submit proof that you have applied for a passport and then submit your new passport copy before the application deadline.
- Digital copy of your passport photo, or another photo, that must meet these requirements:
- Be in JPEG format
- Show only your head and shoulders
- Be against a plain white background
- No smiling
- Be 600x600 pixels square
- If English is not your first language, you must submit test scores from TOEFL/IELTS.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS IF CUMULATIVE GPA IS BELOW 3.0:
- Professor Recommendation Letter
Although there is no length requirement, the recommendation must indicate a professor's opinion of the applicant's academic ability to pursue university-level coursework in a foreign country, in addition to any information that would help IES Abroad gain a better understanding of the applicant. Must be from a different professor than the one who wrote the recommendation letter required as part of the application.
- Personal Academic Essay
Although there is no length requirement, the essay must address your GPA, any particular academic challenges faced, reasons you chose this IES Abroad program, and how it fits into your academic career.